Tidbits for Wednesday, March 27, 2013.
- This week I’m wrapping up my poetry unit and I think it’s went well. Most of my students have cooperated in completing their poems and their creativity has really shown through. And you say poetry’s not important.
- This week is Holy Week, which means the week leading up to Easter. This weekend, I’ll be flying to Seoul to meet a friend and then I’ll attend English services for Easter. It’s my first Easter abroad, and I’m looking forward to it!
- This week, I took the plunge and applied for various positions in Americorps. Americorps is best described as domestic Peace Corps. Volunteers (well, living allowance included) work in a specific area for a year. Though I am still applying for teaching jobs, I wanted to cover all of my bases for my return from Korea.
- Next week is Fulbright Spring Conference here on Jeju Island! We’ll be staying at the KAL (Korean Air) Hotel. I hear there’s buffet, so if you didn’t already know, I’m pretty hyped. Plus, I’ll get to see Fulbright friends for a few days.
- Can you believe that it’s almost the end of my fourth full teaching week? Hard to believe, friends. Hard to believe.