Tidbits: It’s Blog Post Lite!
- Yesterday was a great day. I taught four classes before lunch, left school around 1:30 and meandered around town for about an hour. Even though I’ve lived here for almost 8 months, I still find something new everyday.
- It was warm enough to not wear a coat yesterday. So I did what any intelligent person would do: I went through the outdoor market, found Lotteria (Korean McD’s), and got a 500 won (about 50 cents) vanilla ice cream cone. Worth it.
- 7-11 is the official convenience store of Sarah Carey and English teaching. I swear 7-11 has everything.
- The first of my pen pal letters for my students have started rolling in. How exciting!
- This morning it was raining now it has stopped. Maybe it will hold off until I get home this afternoon. Nothing’s worse than getting caught in a torrent of rain.
- This week, I’m teaching poetry writing to my students. So far, everything seems to be working out. I am using the traditional “I am” structure for the poems. For example: I am ________ and ________.
- 10 days until Seoul. I’m heading up to meet with a friend and then go to English-language Easter services.
- Next week, I want to plan an Poetry Cafe so my students can present their work. We’ll see how this works out. I think if I can get them to finish the poems, that will be a winning combination.