Tidbits. Because life is busy.
- This has been, officially, one of the craziest weeks of my life. I’m not sure if I’m going up or down, front or back, but it’s been one of those weeks. It hasn’t been a bad week, it’s just been hectic. Next week I think my schedule will finally “solidify” and I’ll know what’s going on. If this was me a year ago, I’d be panicked. However, Korea has really loosened me up. I now know what it means to roll with the flow.
- I’m still on the prowl for teaching jobs back in the States. I’ve sent out numerous applications, but I haven’t heard a thing. I know it’s still early in the year, but it gets discouraging when you work hard, only not to hear anything.
- I’m also considering my graduate school career. Do I want to pursue a graduate English degree or a degree in International Education? I’ve been bitten by the travel bug and I want to see as much of the world as possible and I also have this inkling that my life calling may be to teach people the English language (end inspirational line of the day). An International Education degree would allow me to travel while getting my degree, but I do love my words on paper in the form of Medieval English literature. Can you say “Sarah has first world problems?” Yeah.
- I’ve been planning all week to indulge in a strawberry flatcino from Ediya Coffee. I’ve been tired to even sit in a coffee shop.
- I just realized that in less than a week I will have less than 4 months left in Korea. That is no time at all.
- I have my Teach for America phone interview this Sunday, 9:30pm Korea time. I’m hoping that his goes well for all involved. I’d really like the chance to serve with TFA.
- Three words: shrimp fried rice.