Here’s a lists of thoughts, rambles, and various assortments straight from the island.
1. The mornings and nights are cold, but the day is hot.
2. I’m still processing the fact that I’ve been in Korea for almost four months.
3. I’ve planned a “The Price is Right” lesson. Did I mention how excited I was? My goal is to bring TPIR to Korea. One day, they will say “Sarah Carey, come on down! You’re the next contestant on The Price is Right!” Then I probably won’t win anything.
4. I’m pretty sure everybody in Seogwipo knows who I am.
5. I have the strong urge to buy crayons and color.
6. Did I mention that I’m pumped for Tokyo on New Year’s Day?
7. Did I mention that since conference I’ve really upped my teaching game?
8. I don’t really crave what Koreans call “Kentucky food” anymore. Once upon a time, I’d kill for Mexican food.
9. I still don’t like coffee.
10. Now that I’m gainfully employed, I go to bed at 10pm. At the latest.